The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
The Single Family Residential Team seeks a summer intern to help with the development of a new and innovative process for qualifying and approving participating contractors that provide energy efficiency services to low-income households through NYSERDA’s EmPower New York program. The Team will be exploring options such a Request for Qualifications, a contractor driven bid-based approach, or other ideas that may be identified through research.
- Complete industry research to identify best practices for contractor selection within low-income programs.
- Perform contractor outreach and voice of the customer research.
- Develop forms and update documents to support the new approach.
- Collect forms and analyze data from contractors; develop a presentation of the findings along with recommendations to the team.
- Work with the team to plan and implement the new process, including a pilot, if needed.
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, majoring in business, public administration, political science, environmental science, engineering, or a related degree.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Summer Internship, Single Family Residential, DF in the subject line.