The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Evaluate research in renewable energy technologies including, but not limited to:
- Solar PV
- Large scale wind power
- Flywheel technologies
- Other energy storage technologies
- Assist Lead Project Managers
- Manage solicitation outcomes for Renewable Value and Energy Storage focus areas
- Evaluate incoming proposals
- Grade and prioritize proposals based on input from stakeholders and evaluators
- Develop statement of work for the contract winners
- Maintain budget details per contract
- Communicate with:
- R&D Organization, Contracts, Finance and Legal within NYSERDA
- Proposal developers
- Proposal evaluators
- Contract winners
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, pursuing a degree in engineering, science, business, economics, policy, communications.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong interest in renewable energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Education/Interest in science or engineering
- Interest in entrepreneurship and idea generation
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Summer Internship, Renewable Resource Optimization in the subject line.