The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
This project includes the improvement of NYSERDA’s Records Management policies, procedures, systems, and training materials. The Operational Transformation & Lean team use the assistance of an intern in the areas described below:
- Process documentation.
- Test, identify, and document escalating risks and issues.
- Take notes in meetings and distributing the meeting minutes.
- Assist with other project administration and analytical work identified.
NYSERDA Lean Program
The NYSERDA Lean Program focuses on cutting down (process) waste, streamlining processes, and bringing down cycle times to improve customer satisfaction. The Operational Transformation & Lean team will look to the intern to assist with documentation, data collection and other project schedule / administration work.
This project includes the implementation of Salesforce Database for multiple programs across NYSERDA. The Operational Transformation & Lean team intern would provide assistance to complete the following tasks:
- Document existing processes and procedures.
- Conduct testing for successful data migration and system builds.
- Complete ad-hoc analyses and other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Track, follow-up, and complete action items outlined in the tactical meetings (where open / pending system work is discussed and prioritized).
- Participate in development meetings and assist in any follow-up items.
This project includes development of NYSERDA’s training materials in Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and User Productivity Kit (Oracle’s tool). The Operational Transformation & Lean team intern would assistance in developing procedural documentation and guides for End-Users to:
- Complete various tasks in Applications such as Salesforce and PeopleSoft.
- Navigate SharePoint and complete tasks, and provide approvals / sign-offs.
- Generate analytical reports from Applications such as Salesforce, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, and Tableau.
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Summer Internship, Operational Transformation and Lean, Albany in the subject line.