The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
The summer intern will be tasked with assisting the Industrial and Agriculture (IA) team in more accurately capturing the energy-use characteristics of industrial and manufacturing companies in NY State. S/he will be tasked with gathering data from publicly available sources and leveraging NYSERDA resources. S/he will work closely with the IA team to understand the CEF strategy-making process, and how this data will be utilized to estimate the effects of new programs.
- Gather data to identify energy-use characteristics of industrial and manufacturing companies in the state of NY.
- Establish criteria to differentiate industrial and manufacturing entities by energy-use, industry vertical, and geography.
- Create data repositories and/or reports of findings for use by the Industrial and Agriculture team in developing new programs and initiatives.
- Work with state agencies, industry associations, and internal resources to gather data
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in business, public affairs, or related field.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Experience collating multiple data sets.
- Excellent research credentials and familiarity with energy use, preferably in the industrial and manufacturing markets.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Summer Internship, Industrial and Agriculture in the subject line.