The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
Our upcoming investment plan is focused on mobility management, which includes a focus on “smart cities” technologies that use new sensors and data analysis to improve transportation performance in cities and towns.
- Research cutting-edge smart cities and connected infrastructure technologies and create an inventory of current and near-future offerings
- Reach out to cities and towns in NYS to understand their opinions of smart cities technologies and how they’d like to be able to use them, and what some of the technical/economic obstacles might be
- Assess the most promising technologies for immediate rollout and how NYSERDA might be able to help municipalities overcome obstacles to their introduction
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong research and communications skills.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Summer Internship, Clean Transportation, RM in the subject line.