The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and experienced individual as a Project Manager on the single family residential team. The Project Manager will have an integral role in developing, driving and implementing solutions and interventions to overcome barriers to scale and the acceleration of adoption of clean energy and energy efficiency in the single family residential sector.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Identify barriers to successful scale-up of residential energy efficiency services in New York
- Work with the team, market participants, and stakeholders to develop insightful, creative solutions and test market-based approaches to overcoming those barriers
- Quantify and document activities and assess progress against established goals
- Work with the Team Leader and other NYSERDA staff to design and direct pilots testing solutions, evaluate success of the pilots, and make adjustments as needed
- Provide information to contractors, customers, and other actors that support sales, implementation, and uptake of measures that lead to greater residential energy efficiency
- Evolve and continuously adapt strategies to optimize impact, cost-effectiveness and efficiency based on market insights, critical program and market data and timely evaluation
- Contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Two years of relevant experience in the residential energy efficiency market with demonstrated knowledge of the related market participants, stakeholders, and residential building science concepts
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability; an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions, with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams
- Understanding of existing and potential business models in the residential energy efficiency market, challenges businesses face in selling energy efficiency and growing their business and untapped opportunities within the market
- An ability to drive to big picture goals while valuing maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Strong analytical skills; ability to effectively evaluate information and data to make decisions
- Strong work ethic and resolute integrity
- Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
Minimum educational requirements candidates must possess include:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree
- An unrelated bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience
- 7 years of directly related demonstrated experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include Project Manager, Single Family Residential and Job Code 348 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.