The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and knowledgeable individual with engineering, quantitative and/or policy analysis or program evaluation skills to join its Program Evaluation Team. This position will report to the Program Manager of Market Characterization & Evaluation.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and support the planning and conduct of market, impact, and other evaluations on NYSERDA’s evolving set of clean energy programs and initiatives, including research and development, business/market support and deployment programs
- Serve as an evaluation liaison to NYSERDA program staff for purposes of:
- Supporting the collection, storage and documentation of data necessary to perform test-measure-adjust and program evaluation
- Facilitating efficient and effective evaluation processes that produce actionable insights
- Assisting with issues of program design, implementation and management, including implementation of evaluation recommendations and real-time feedback
- Develop and perform analyses of program processes, outcomes and impacts, including quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Perform in-house analytical work as well as manage projects undertaken by consultants
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, science, business, psychology, public administration, or a related field of analytical study or
- An unrelated Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience
- A Master’s degree in one of the above and relevant job experience are highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Outstanding project management skills and initiative
Applicants should be able to demonstrate having some or all of the following skills enhanced by a willingness to quickly learn and develop proficiency in these areas:
- Working knowledge of NYSERDA’s clean energy programs
- Understanding of markets in which NYSERDA’s clean energy programs operate including targeted customers, involved stakeholders and principles of technology diffusion/market transformation
- Understanding of energy policy issues and analysis
- Demonstrated capability to conduct analysis in clean energy technology operation and performance, energy efficiency, demand response, renewable energy generation, environmental impacts, economics, or program evaluation generally
- Familiarity with statistical analysis, sampling approaches and data collection methods and standards
- Understanding of technical data sets, databases, database management and data retrieval
- Experience working in a team environment both as a leader and active team member, and in managing consultant projects
- Ability to be proactive from initiating value-added analyses to quickly identifying and resolving issues, contributing to improving NYSERDA’s overall evaluation work and suggesting improvements to management
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please include Project Manager, Market Characterization & Evaluation and Job Code 427 in the subject line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.