The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and experienced individual as a Technical Business Analyst. The position will be part of a highly nimble team of professionals dedicated to high quality project deliverables. The Technical Business Analyst plays a vital role in helping to plan, articulate, conceive, execute and support critical functionality for PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management. The successful candidate will be an instrumental team member and key advocate for intelligent and efficient usage of the platform, blending strong requirements analysis, technical acumen, and exceptional communication skills to work with a wide array of users. NYSERDA currently supports the following PeopleSoft modules: Supplier Contract Management, Purchasing, eSupplier Connection, Project Costing, Accounts Payables, Account Receivables, Commitment Control, General Ledger, Purchasing, Billing, and Customer Contracts. We are seeking candidates who are subject matter experts in any combination of these modules with the ability and willingness to broaden their knowledge base of the PeopleSoft landscape.
The PeopleSoft Technical Business Analyst’s primary responsibilities will include supporting the team to:
- Apply creativity and cutting-edge PeopleSoft technology know-how to ensure error free, timely, secure and compliant delivery of critical services through the PeopleSoft FSCM (Financials and Supply Chain Management) application.
- Perform analyses integral to key operational improvement initiatives designed to expand impact, enable new programs, improve customer and partner interfaces, reduce cycle times, enable internal workflow, support robust reporting, manage risk, and reduce cost.
- Gather and document functional requirements, system processes, configuration and customizations following NYSERDA’s change management processes.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify recommendations for process improvements, overcome constraints, and resolve difficult operational and technological issues.
- Contribute to the development of key operating/financial indicators and reporting needed to support decision-making and monitor performance.
- Analyze impact to customizations when applying Oracle patches and bug fixes.
- Research new Oracle releases/images to help plan for future state of NYSERDA’s business processes.
- Lead and participate in all phases of testing. Create, document and execute test plans, test scripts, and test scenarios using PeopleSoft test framework.
- Assist in the improvement and integration of automation and tools designed to support work and decision-making.
- Provide production support to end users, triage issues to developers, administrators, and Oracle support and perform root cause analysis.
- Effectively communicate, collaborate and problem-solve with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage risk on projects.
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess
- Demonstrated experience as a PeopleSoft Technical Business Analyst, implementing process and operational improvement with a quantified record of success (PeopleSoft 9.0 minimum).
- Experience with relational databases and PeopleSoft data structures; ability to create basic to moderately complex SQL and PeopleSoft queries.
- Success in contributing to improvements in service operations, substantiated by a track record of identifying opportunities for improvement and working with the team to drive them through the organization.
- Experience and skill in performing business analyses, documenting requirements, configuration and customizations, or mapping processes.
- Proven ability to successfully analyze an organization's critical business requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for improving customer service offerings.
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Great resourcefulness and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the best possible solution when presented with a series of opportunities and constraints.
- A strong customer orientation.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely, and unambiguously in speech and in writing.
Preference will be given to candidates who also have:
- Experience with 9.2 version of PeopleSoft FSCM modules.
- Experience in creating pivot grids, work centers, dashboards and PeopleSoft test framework.
- Experience with business intelligence tools, data warehouse technologies, and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Informatica.
- Experience with integration from Salesforce to PeopleSoft technology.
Minimum educational requirements an individual must possess include:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include PeopleSoft Technical Business Analyst in the subject line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.