Internship: Innovation Market Engagement - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin in the Fall 2022 semester and continue through Spring 2023. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Perform ongoing literature searches for publicly available information on technical topics of interest to Innovation. Potential sources include academic journals, research reports, news articles, podcasts, company websites, etc.
- Assemble and organize Innovation presentations and talking point files for easy access by staff
- Compile regular summary reports for the Program Manager and Innovation staff
- Assist in building contact lists of external Innovation stakeholders and stakeholder groups
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or master’s student.
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand and synthesize technical information from a variety of primary and secondary sources.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now