Internship: Contract Management - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin June 1, 2022 and continue through the summer. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
The Contract Management / Shared Services Intern will assist in the performance of a wide variety of activities associated with contractual, operational, administrative, and fiscal management services such as:
- Updating and maintaining existing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and process work instructions within NYSERDA’s Knowledge Base (Confluence)
- Data analysis and report creation:
- Create and/or run existing reports from NYSERDA’s various tracking databases
- Review the reports for correctness or outliers and seek explanations or corrections as needed
- Analyze reports using primarily Excel or Tableau to find trends
- Summarize the report findings using Word or PowerPoint
- Assist in data clean-up activities, particularly finding and resolving duplicate data entries
- Create or update reference guides and tools used in the Contract Management processes to enhance user-friendliness for NSYERDA Project Managers.
- Current, full-time student, pursuing associate, bachelor, or master’s degree
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to effectively evaluate information / data to make decisions
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.Ability to write SQL statements is a plus, but not required
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now