Intern: Utility Affairs and Strategic Partnerships - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. This internship will begin in the spring 2022 semester and continue through the summer and academic year. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Research investor-owned utilities’ filings and prepare summaries for internal discussion/review
- Establish and update filing calendar to identify filing dates/schedules for future utility filings
- From topics identified in filing summaries, identify areas of overlap/intersection with NYSERDA programs
- Support the team that is launching a statewide Pay for Performance (P4P) non-residential pilot by researching identified information gaps, including:
- Utility program overlaps or intersections
- Channel partner opportunities
- Vertical channels (business types) for program targeting
- Installation contractor network research
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now