Internship: Strategic Operations Trainer - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin in the Spring 2023 semester and continue through the Summer and academic year. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
In partnership with NYSERDA’s Technology Trainer, the intern will aid in the analysis, development and implementation of training materials and resources to support Program objectives and long-term strategic goals. Specific activities include:
- Participate in discovery and requirement gathering sessions.
- Update current training guides and materials on our Confluence training platform.
- Capture and manipulate images for publication.
- Post-Training participant and evaluation follow-up.
- Update our Professional Development Calendar of Opportunities
- Communicate Professional Development updates through our Bi-Weekly Newsletters
- Track, complete and update project/task plans.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Current, full-time undergraduate or master’s student, pursuing a degree in Training, Education, Human Resources, Technical Writing, or similar discipline.
- Some experience with video production and/or graphic/visual design.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources while collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and solid judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of Confluence and/or Articulate
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now