Internship: Environmental Research/Offshore Wind - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. This internship will begin during the spring 2022 semester and continue through the summer and academic year. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week when school is in session, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Support the Offshore Wind team to better understand current events and market dynamics relevant to aspects of offshore wind development in New York and neighboring states
- Assist with the Offshore Wind Learning from the Experts webinar series
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- The ability to communicate accurately and effectively in writing.
- Experience with renewable energy issues is preferred, but not required.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.Apply Now