Information Technology Net Developer (#190) - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time college students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin on June 1st, 2023 and continue through the Summer and academic year.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 37.5 hours per week during the Summer and up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, when attending classes.
- Work under the guidance of Software Engineers and IT Analyst to interpret source code and on-screen functionality into clear, concise technical documentation conveyed through text and pictures, for a technical knowledge base
- Work with software engineers to document system architecture, attributes and dependencies in the asset management tool
- Some C# or other Microsoft Visual Studio coding or code analysis may be required
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time college student, pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Informatics or related field
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly as it relates to documentation quality
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to read and understand C# code
- Ability to translate technical or complex ideas into concise documentation
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.