Communities and Local Government - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time college students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin in the Spring 2023 semester and continue through the academic year.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and 37.5 hours per week between semesters, when not attending classes.
- Assist the Communities and Local Government team with research, program development, project management, contracts data entry and management, metrics tracking, data analysis, and written reports as needed for the Clean Energy Communities Program
- Assist with developing case studies for completed projects
- Coordinate updates for NYSERDA’s website with NYSERDA’s marketing department
- Assist with the administration of NYSERDA scoring committee(s) for the selection of Community-based grant projects.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time college student, pursuing a degree in urban planning, regional planning, sustainable development, management, statistics or similar subject matter;
- Utilize Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Word. Experience with Excel should include knowledge of VLOOK UP, merge functions and other advanced features that can be used to analyze large quantities of data in short periods of time, including production of clear charts and graphs showing meaningful trends or outcomes;
- Some experience working with, developing, or utilizing databases to store information and run reports. Experience with Salesforce is also preferred;
- Ability to perform meaningful, original research resulting in clearly written analyses, summary reports, and program recommendations;
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment;
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.