Information Technology - Service Desk - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
The NYSERDA IT Service Desk seeks an intern with a keen eye for detail who is a team player, dependable, and eager to learn. The Service Desk interacts with the staff and teams across the authority and provides first level information technology support.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time college students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin in the Spring 2023 semester and continue through the Summer and academic year.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and 37.5 hours per week between semesters, when not attending classes.
- Work on patching remediation: patching, securing, updating, hardening physical machines
- Visit users in person to assist with the above
- Assist with updating documentation on the Knowledge Base as well as creating tip sheets for users
- Work to complete an asset inventory of NYSERDA devices
- Assist with the implementation of new remote management software on NYSERDA devices
- Be assigned tickets from the Service Desk ticketing system commensurate with their skills and opportunities for growth and learning
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time college student, pursuing a technology degree
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.