Central Business Services - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time college students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin on June 1st, 2023 and continue to Spring 2024.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending classes.
Business Process Improvement and Analysis
The Central Business Services team supports operations across NYSERDA’s open enrollment programs, focused on standardizing and streamlining applications, project deliverables, and responding to customer inquiries. The Central Business Services intern will help in completing the following tasks as part of ongoing operations:
- Document and update business processes and procedures in NYSERDA’s Knowledge Base
- Data analysis and report creation:
- Creating monthly spend analyses for all Shared Services programs, evaluating trends & anomalies across programs and processes
- Analyzing cycle time metrics and process health dashboards eye towards reducing costs, identifying efficiencies, and streamlining processes across programs
- Developing reports in Salesforce focused on key metrics of success for programs
- Participate in meetings, assist with note taking and follow up on action items
- Assist in Lean / process improvement activities
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time college student, preferably pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Comfortable working in Information Systems and Technology.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.