Standards and Quality Assurance - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035; 6 gigawatts of solar by 2025; and 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. Additionally, the law creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities as well as legislative appointments to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time college students. The pay rate is from $15 to $17 per hour based on current class year. This internship will begin on June 1st, 2023 and continue through August 2023.
Interns must be located in New York State while working. It is expected that interns will follow our telework policy, with a combination of in-office and remote work. Interns work up to 37.5 hours per week during the Summer.
- Collect and analyze Quality Assurance data on several energy efficiency and renewable energy projects under the guidance of QA team members.
- Identify trending non-conformances and assess evaluation priority based on health and safety concerns and energy reduction realization rates. Feedback methodologies will be evaluated to support contractor improvement of high priority non-conformances through the use of visual aids, construction details, training/learning tools, etc.
- Analyze Quality Assurance Scores and compare to project work scope.
- Assist with development of the data visualization packaging for NYSERDA Programs supported by the Standards and Quality Assurance team.
- Assist in the creation, distribution or delivery of internal support materials.
- Data entry assistance. Provide support for form reviews and file reviews.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports related to renewable energy and energy efficiency programs the Standards and Quality Assurance team supports in NYSERDA’s portfolio.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time college student.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Previous experience with data visualization software, such as Tableau.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.