Senior Project Manager, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act [PDF] (CLCPA), New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation. The CLCPA mandates the development of a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions in all sectors of the economy – all while delivering critical benefits to historically underserved and otherwise disadvantaged communities.
Critical within this policy landscape is NYSERDA’s mission to advance clean energy innovation and investments to combat climate change, improving the health, resiliency, and prosperity of New Yorkers and delivering benefits equitably to all. To ensure our success at centering equity in this mission and our external work, NYSERDA has also made equity an internal priority – with a commitment to build and sustain a high-engagement organizational culture and environment that is diverse, equitable and inclusive.
Reporting to NYSERDA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Officer, the DEI Senior Project Manager will play a key role in the implementation of the DEI Strategic Plan and related internal DEI strategy and initiatives.
- Collaborate with NYSERDA teams, other stakeholders and consultants to develop and implement internal and external DEI best practices around messaging and representation, including the production of external and public-facing information about NYSERDA’s DEI strategy and activities
- Act as primary liaison for and provide research, training and operational support to NYSERDA’s DEI Resource Groups, Affinity Groups and other staff groups engaged in DEI-related activities
- Collaborate with the NYSERDA DEI Resource Groups, other Teams and groups across the Authority and external parties to develop and execute a DEI-focused calendar for internal and external events and activities; recruit and screen speakers, draft descriptions and interview questions; promote the events and activities; coordinate logistics and provide facilitation or moderation support
- Support execution of tactical activities within the scope of the NYSERDA DEI Strategic Plan
- Coordinate and seek areas of collaboration on DEI initiatives with other state/local agencies and authorities, community-based organizations and industry organizations
- Report on current events, trends and evolving best practices in the DEI space as a basis for ongoing updates to NYSERDA’s DEI strategy
- Assist with the preparation of reports and statistical analyses to track progress toward achievement of the DEI Strategic Plan and otherwise evaluate performance metrics
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- 8 years of relevant experience in any combination of: program development/ implementation, project management, stakeholder engagement, event management, communications, marketing, and organizational DEI initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated foundational understanding of DEI concepts
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communications skills; ability to effectively present and execute innovative ideas
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple workstreams and adapt to new assignments
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to design strategy and deliver results
- Ability to influence and be a change agent while identifying and addressing structural challenges and barriers
- Ability to constructively navigate challenging situations and interactions with employees; ability to maintain confidential employee information
- Strong demonstrated ability to build confidence, communicate, partner, and collaborate with individuals throughout an organization
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.