Executive Administrator to the President & CEO - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. NYSERDA is on the front lines of this work and serves as the lead agency tasked with meeting the State's nation-leading goals, including 100% clean electricity by 2040 and 70% renewable energy by 2030 and developing a roadmap to an entirely carbon neutral economy.
NYSERDA is seeking a motivated, dynamic and resourceful Executive Administrator to the President and CEO. In this role, the Executive Administrator is exposed to a wide range of projects focusing on scheduling, coordinating, advancing, and supporting organizational priorities for the President and CEO across a range of activities. The ideal candidate should be passionate about NYSERDA's mission and to helping the organization continually improve and execute its work to the highest standards. The Executive Administrator should be a self-starter who acts independently, directs one's own work and can handle diverse tasks quickly and accurately within a high-performance environment. This position also works as an integral member of the Office of the President, working closely with the Chief of Staff to advance specific initiatives and priorities.
- Arrange meetings for the President with outside stakeholders and NYSERDA staff
- Coordinate schedules for weekly executive meetings, weekly/biweekly check-in meetings and regular meetings on program-related efforts
- Coordinate with HR, Communications and Events staff to arrange and prepare for all staff webinars including several in-person meetings each year
- Working with the Chief of Staff, assist in preparing agendas, gathering presentations and taking charge of IT/room preparations
- Schedule multi-agency meetings working with several sister agencies and chamber staff
- Meet on a regular basis to coordinate schedules and review speaking invitations and events
- Make travel arrangements for the President and CEO including arrangements to accommodate work in NYSERDA’s offices (hotel, car, train) as well as travel for outside meetings, conferences, etc.
- Field communications both written and verbal:
- Work with program staff, draft responses to letters/emails; intercept telephone calls to the President, assess whether it is of a nature that should be addressed with the President and CEO or passed on to other staff for handling
- Prepare expense reports for President and CEO and review/submit reports for all direct reports to the President and CEO
- Review and approve staff time for all direct reports to the President and CEO
- Assist the President and CEO in developing, planning and executing NYSERDA-wide communications, agendas, priorities, and materials such as All Staff engagements and messages
- Work with NYSERDA teams and executive staff to prepare the President and CEO for internal and external meetings, presentations and events; provide staff support to/at external meetings, activities and events and ensure timely follow up of all action items
- Work closely with Governor's staff to schedule meetings and travel
- Provide support to NYSERDA executive staff when they are in the NYSERDA Albany office
- Review NYSERDA mail that comes to the Chair of NYSERDA’s Board, scanning for his handling or passing onto appropriate NYSERDA staff for action
- Provide support to the Chief of Staff, Treasurer, Vice President for Strategy and Market Development; Counsel's Office; and Director for Policy and Regulatory Affairs as well as other program areas as needed
- Perform other responsibilities as required
- An Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience or 7 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- A genuine passion for issues related to energy, environment and economic development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present and execute innovative ideas
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information
- Proven ability to build trust, confidence, respect, and effective working relationships among individuals at all levels of the organization and with stakeholders and business partners
- Able to handle time-sensitive situations with measured calmness and decisiveness
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.