Associate or Analyst, Investment & Portfolio Management - NY Green Bank, New York City Headquarters
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) has created the most aggressive climate change goals in the nation and requires an ambitious agenda that blends proven catalysts with innovative approaches while operating across a broader energy arena that is rapidly evolving. New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a driving force in realizing this agenda. NYSERDA works with stakeholders that span residents, business owners, developers, community leaders, local government officials, universities, utilities, investors, entrepreneurs, and more, to develop, invest, and foster conditions that:
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NY Green Bank (“NYGB”) is a globally recognized sustainable investment fund with the mission to accelerate clean energy and sustainable infrastructure deployment in New York State (“NYS” or the “State”). NYGB works to increase the size, volume and breadth of sustainable infrastructure investment activity throughout the State, expand the base of investors focused on NYS clean energy opportunities and increase market participants’ access to capital on commercial terms. To achieve these objectives, NYGB collaborates with the private sector to develop transaction structures and methodologies that overcome typical clean energy investment barriers and serve as replicable models for other capital providers. NYGB is a division of the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (“NYSERDA”).
As of March 31, 2022, NYGB has invested more than $1.7 billion across a range of technologies including solar, wind, clean transportation, community distributed generation, energy storage, controlled environment agriculture, bioenergy, energy efficiency, and others. NYGB’s investment activities demonstrate that many of the financial market barriers to sustainable infrastructure projects in NYS are surmountable.
NYGB’s teammates are mission-driven, solutions-oriented professionals with:
- Deep credit, risk, strategy, and operational expertise
- Extensive project finance experience with a technical edge in clean energy and sustainable infrastructure finance
The team is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and works with a wide range of clean energy market stakeholders with diverse interests and backgrounds – including through its effort to meet the goals of the Climate Leadership & Community Protection Act by investing in projects benefiting the State’s disadvantaged communities.
NYGB seeks highly motivated, detailed-oriented individuals with excellent organizational, execution, analytic, and communication skills to work with the NYGB team in the critical role of Associate/Analyst, Investment & Portfolio Management. NYGB will hire one position, either an Associate or Analyst depending on experience. This position reports to the Managing Directors of Investment & Portfolio Management. The individual will work across the organization, including with the Risk & Compliance, Legal & Regulatory Affairs and Operations & Finance teams, as well as with external service providers.
- Participate in introductory calls with potential borrowers
- Schedule follow up meetings
- Present potential transactions to the transaction scoring committee
- Participate in transaction due diligence in conjunction with external advisors and internal groups such as Risk & Compliance, Legal and Strategy, Impact & Investor Relations
- Create financial models and run model scenarios
- Draft approval memoranda
- Prepare transaction onboarding documentation
- Prepare monthly and quarter investment reviews
- Process fundings and amendments
- Manage and organize transaction files
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience with legal agreements for financial transactions, loan administration, compliance and/or portfolio management helpful but not required for Analyst position (2 years of relevant experience required for Associate position)
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred for Associate position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and succinctly summarize complex concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to handle a large volume and variety of projects in parallel
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Takes ownership of tasks and projects and follows through on obligations and promises
- Flexible and adaptable to changing organizational needs for the position
- Constructively critical thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Microsoft SharePoint experience helpful but not required
The Analyst salary range is $71,685 - $99,213. The Associate salary range is $82,383 - $115,490 Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.