Marketing Project Manager - Albany, NY
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NYSERDA seeks an experienced Marketing professional to take a leadership role in developing and executing outbound messages to motivate a variety of diverse audiences - clearly and consistently communicating NYSERDA’s value and programs. The individual will work with employees across NYSERDA to plan and engage consumers in their journey to electrify their homes and businesses. The individual will manage multiple deadlines and priorities within specified time frames and will need to have or gain an understanding of the clean energy marketplace.
- Manage and execute outbound email communications for NYSERDA program teams that reinforce NYSERDA’s brand, image, and message
- Perform content editing as needed to ensure clear and understandable messages and consistency with NYSERDA’s style and tone
- Design engaging email layouts using templated and free-form HTML modules
- Assist program staff with identifying potential cross-program audience targets
- Manage, execute, monitor, and report on daily email marketing communications
- Work collaboratively with other Marketing Project Managers, Social Media Manager, and other content ideators/developers to ensure a cohesive content calendar is maintained across all audience sectors. Propose topics to fill in content gaps as needed
- Take an active and proactive role in identifying and implementing needed website updates through the web team based on customer’s online actions, specific events (planned and organic), new initiatives, or changes in program offers
- Continue to evolve NYSERDA’s existing Salesforce Marketing Cloud system to capitalize on additional functionality to improve consumer reach and engagement
- Manage the creation and implementation of messages directed to New York State residential consumers, this includes development of planned customer journeys as well as key organic intersection points with consumers
- Participate in marketing planning processes to increase understanding of audiences and drivers
- Exercise judgment to balance priorities and communicate progress to meet deadlines and commitments
- Deal with confidential and sensitive matters
- Contribute to a team culture of openness and collaboration
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- At least 5 years working in a public or private sector marketing department
- Excellent work ethic, resolute integrity, detail oriented with a commitment to delivering a high-quality and accurate work product, with a track record of putting the success of the team first
- Strong project management skills, manage multiple diverse activities simultaneously, deliver on commitments and varying deadlines, and operate/make decisions with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Exceptional organizational, communication, time management and planning skills to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Ability and appetite to learn and assimilate new information and think holistically through complex problems with technical and non-technical components
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Solid understanding of Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud and Journey Builder, Google Universal and G4 Analytics, and HTML
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Dreamweaver), Sitecore CMS, and Lythos Project Management Software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $71,685-$120,156. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file for the position, Marketing Project Manager job# 789, that includes both your cover letter and resume.