Contract Manager Large Scale Renewables Specialist - Albany, NY
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking a creative, self-motivated, and knowledgeable individual with strong problems solving skills and growth potential as a Contract Manager. This individual will play a critical role for the Large-Scale Renewables (LSR) team in making NYSERDA more effective to our customers, partners, and colleagues, while adhering to NYSERDA’s Policies and Practices. The Contract Manger will support the full range of LSR contracting and procurement activities in NYSERDA's high volume government contracting environment.
This Contract Manager will position the LSR team to perform their work more seamlessly, timely and effectively while appropriately minimizing the risk NYSERDA undertakes in its contracting.
- Drive and foster a customer-service orientation to contracting - positioning the LSR staff for timely and effective contracting of the programs, goods and services that are critical to executing NYSERDA’s LSR strategy
- Educate and advise the LSR team in all contracting matters and execute all related contract actions
- Identify and deploy improvements to the LSR contracting process that enable the team to contract for new programs, manage risk, simplify customer, and partner interfaces, reduce cycle times, better support internal workflow, enable programmatic flexibility, support robust reporting, better manage knowledge, and reduce cost
- Manage the full range of contracting and procurement activities including solicitation development and launch, scope of work development and negotiation, organization, and administration of LSR contracting files, development, and execution of contract modifications and task work orders, tracking, reporting and analysis of contract actions, and contract closeout
- Collaborate with LSR legal counsel to evaluate contract requirements, special provisions and other terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and organizational policies and procedures
- Effectively manage risk, perform risk analysis for all contractual documents and recommend mitigating options
- Partner with train and support colleagues throughout the Authority to enable their success in adhering to contract regulations and managing the Authority's risk
- Seek opportunities to foster transparency in the Authority's contracting processes - ensuring a shared sense of accountability for success in the Authority's contracting
- Provide advice and assistance to the LSR team relating to contract policy and practice in team meetings, scoring committees and debriefs
- Understand the full suite of NYSERDA contracting and provide back up to other Contract Managers as required
- Perform other responsibilities as required
- A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience in contracting, procurement, or related disciplines, particularly with an energy project developer, engineering firm or construction contractor.13 years of progressively responsible experience in contracting procurement or related disciplines may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Experience with or knowledge of large-scale renewable energy technologies and market is a plus
- A good technical comprehension of contract language, terms and conditions and ability to apply knowledge to large-scale renewable energy contracts
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability; ability to leverage necessary resources to develop and communicate robust processes
- Extraordinary diligence and thoroughness
- A penchant for mastering and understanding details for the purpose of simplifying the landscape for others
- A strong consensus-builder with an ability to build productive relationships across a diverse organization
- Skilled in managing multiple, diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to continuous learning
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and solve strategic problems while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of opportunities and/or constraints
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely, and unambiguously in speech and writing
- A good technical comprehension of contract language, terms and conditions and ability to apply knowledge to large-scale renewable energy contracts.Ability to draft contractual instruments such as Solicitations, Agreements and Statements of Work after collaborating with our internal stakeholders to ensure the LSR program objectives are met, reduce risk to NYSERDA and allow operational freedoms where necessary
- Ability to manage and be responsible for specific LSR contract assignments and develop solutions to LSR business needs
- Strong MS Office computer skills including database experience
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $71,685 - $120,156. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file for the Contract Manager Large Scale Renewables Specialist, Job #785, that includes both your cover letter and resume.