Program Manager, Systems and Data, Single Family Residential - Albany, NY
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NYSERDA’s Single Family Residential department is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager to join our Team. The Single Family Residential department is responsible for advancing solutions to increase access to clean energy solutions and the delivery of associated benefits to one- to four-family homes across New York State. NYSERDA’s Single Family Residential team administers the EmPower NY, Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, Comfort Home, and Residential Energy Assessment programs, as well as a number of initiatives designed to scale up the residential clean energy market. Beginning in 2023, the team will be responsible for the deployment of new residential energy efficiency and electrification rebate programs funded by the federal Inflation Reduction Act. Together, the programs currently serve approximately 20,000 households annually; however, there will be a significant annual increase needed by 2030 to achieve New York’s energy and greenhouse gas reduction goals.
This Program Manager will have an integral role in framing overall team strategy in collaboration with the rest of the team leadership and primary responsibility for developing and executing on technological strategies for both program and market engagement solutions to improve internal operational efficiencies, overcome market barriers, and accelerate the scale and penetration of clean energy within one-to-four family existing homes across New York State.
- Serve as the team’s lead for technical development and management of technology solutions including:
- systems and data management supporting program operations
- methodologies for quantifying benefits associated with the team’s clean energy work
- technical tools that can be deployed in the marketplace to promote accelerated uptake of clean energy solutions in the residential market
- Develop and execute on strategies that support the State’s overall energy and climate policy development related to one-to four-unit residential buildings
- Manage a small, highly impactful team to implement solutions that
- Engages with building owners and tenants and residential contractors
- Provides clear and efficient program management tools and resources
- Responsible for ensuring data sets are maintained and updated for posting to OPEN-NY
- Responsible for ensuring team-wide compliance with NYSERDA IT security protocols and data governance requirements
- Serve as a liaison and provide technical and data management support to other NYSERDA teams that interact with the residential sector including IT, Strategic Operations, Marketing, Financing Solutions, Evaluation and Performance Management, and Standards and Quality Assurance
- Manage implementation of initiatives, monitor initiative performance, and provide recommendations grounded in analysis and market feedback to optimize interventions for greater impact
- Support NYSERDA-wide efforts to operate as an inclusive community, working concertedly to deliver on ambitious climate goals
- Ensure accuracy of data quality across all systems to enable ease in reporting, easier access to data for the market and external stakeholders, and high-quality program data analysis
- Create detailed work plans which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project as well as identify critical path and dependencies
- Identify market barriers and opportunities through analysis and research and industry engagement.
- Contribute to a team culture of openness and collaboration
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- 7 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in buildings energy efficiency and clean energy industry, including knowledge of industry standards, software, residential building energy simulations, and standards
- Experience with energy efficiency or building decarbonization program planning, operations, and/or data management
- Knowledge of building energy calculation methods and building science principles
- Highly driven, proactive, resourceful, and pragmatic problem-solver who takes initiative to identify and solve problems using available resources.
- Successful track record of leading planning efforts and executing strategic initiatives.
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executives, team members, stakeholders, and peers.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style.
- Combination of creativity and critical thinking skills. Continuously identifies and seeks to act on opportunities, gaps, and points of connectivity across and outside the organization.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and planning skills to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams (IT, legal, marketing, energy analysis, etc.).
- Able to organize, guide, and inspire direct reports and partner with colleagues to deliver valuable outcomes on time
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred
- Certifications or other credentials relevant to residential energy efficiency and decarbonization (e.g., Building Performance Institute, RESNET, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Active membership and participation in relevant industry technical and professional associations (e.g., ASHRAE, AESP, BPA, etc.) or work groups
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $116,686-$147,256. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file for the Program Manager, Systems and Data, Single Family Residential position, job# 782, that includes both your cover letter and resume.