Tableau Developer - Albany, NY or Buffalo, NY
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NYSERDA seeks a Tableau Developer to join our highly nimble team of Information Technology professionals dedicated to delivering high quality project deliverables through thorough and thoughtful planning as well as consultation with a wide variety of users. The Tableau Developer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, and maintaining Tableau implementations supporting the business teams.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. They will need to enjoy interacting with and seeking feedback from stakeholders, have a high attention to detail and an internal drive to set and achieve personal and team goals.
- Design, develop and enhance Tableau data visualizations, dashboards, and other business intelligence products to meet the needs of NYSERDA and other statewide initiatives
- Work directly with staff to determine business requirements, assess functional performance, and provide basic user training
- Create and maintain user groups and workbook security processes based on Data Governance policies for securing sensitive data
- Lead and/or assist with Tableau administration tasks
- Understand and adhere to NYSERDA’s policies and procedures
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Extensive experience in developing and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration and architecture
- Experience with standard analytic and visualization techniques (e.g., trending, benchmark comparisons, data mining, dashboard creation, filters, drill downs, user experience)
- Awareness of the business intelligence landscape and strong analytical abilities
- Proficiency in SQL and an understanding of relational database management systems, data integration tools, and data modelling
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology, or other STEM related major, or an unrelated major with 1-3 years of experience
- Relevant Tableau certifications
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with GIS or other Tableau mapping experience
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $71,685 - $120,156. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file for the Tableau Developer position, job# 776, that includes both your cover letter and resume.