Web Content Producer (#768) - Albany Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NYSERDA seeks a Web Content Producer, who has 5+ experience in web design, web content editing, or web development Web Content Producer performs website updates in Sitecore CMS. Web Content Producer meets with stakeholders throughout NYSERDA regarding their website content, and assist in correcting errors, re-formatting content, re-organizing content, and problem solving with a focus on web design best practices, including responsive and accessible design.
Web Content Producer works closely with NYSERDA Marketing and Communications to further NYSERDA’s goals via NYSERDA web properties. A professional attitude, attention to detail, and ability to manage a high volume of simultaneous tasks is required.
- Perform and manage high volume of content updates for NYSERDA websites within Sitecore CMS
- Advise NYSERDA staff on best practices for content hierarchy/organization, search engine optimization, accessibility issues
- Create responsive designs, information-graphics, and visualizations
- Meet with NYSERDA staff as needed regarding website updates
- Available 8:30 am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Understand and adhere to NYSERDA’s policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hand-coding semantic HTML
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a Content Management System, Sitecore CMS preferred
- Optimizing web pages for search engines
- Excellent grammar and verbal skills; ability to offer suggestions for simplifying/presenting complex topics
- Proficiency in identifying and resolving accessibility issues according to WCAG .20/2.1 guidelines
- Proficiency in creating, editing, and slicing graphics using Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in editing HTML using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint
- Organized, professional, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 4-year degree in a related field such as Web Design, Web Development, Marketing, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Graphic Design; or a 4-year degree plus 5+ years’ experience building web sites
- NYSERDA experience highly valued
- 1+ years’ experience with Sitecore CMS
The salary range is $61,423 - $88,553. Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.