Project Manager, Multifamily Residential (#766) - New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) , New York has codified the most aggressive climate change program in the nation with goals to reach zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040; install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2035, 10 gigawatts of solar by 2030, and 6 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030. With the recent approval of the Climate Action Council’s final Scoping Plan, we have a strong framework to achieve an 85% reduction in GHG emissions from 1990 levels by 2050, and eventually net zero emissions economy-wide.
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
The Project Manager will have an integral role in working with the team on planning, developing and managing interventions and strategies that overcome market barriers, encourage private capital investment and accelerate the scale and penetration of clean energy.
- Develop and implement high-impact interventions that leverage financing opportunities for decarbonization projects in the multifamily sector
- Identify market barriers and opportunities through analysis and research and industry engagement
- Work closely with affordable housing agencies to integrate energy efficiency and electrification into their financing and refinancing processes
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for budgets and impacts of interventions using spreadsheet analysis with well-documented assumptions
- Manage implementation of initiatives, monitor initiative performance, and provide recommendations grounded in analysis and market feedback to optimize interventions for greater impact
- Oversee the work of consultants and contractors including writing statements of work, issuing contracts, budgeting, and invoicing
- Develop and maintain a robust network of stakeholder groups, local and national government agencies, financial institutions, and relevant local and national industry associations including real estate, affordable housing, and sustainable building design
- Engage regularly with building owners, property managers, facility operators, architects, engineers, and energy service providers
- Represent NYSERDA at meetings and events with external stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on issues related to energy efficiency policy, market barriers and market creation, financing, statewide implementation programs, and the regulatory environment
- Contribute to a team culture of openness and collaboration
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- 3 years of experience in buildings energy efficiency or a related field
- Genuine passion for issues related to energy, environment, and economic development
- Experience with affordable housing renovations projects and/or affordable housing finance
- Proven experience with or knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Working in the multifamily sector including across market-rate and affordable buildings and with stakeholders such as building owners, property managers and financial organizations
- The decision-making considerations in multifamily buildings when making investments
- Building energy systems and envelope as well as energy efficiency
- Strong understanding of multifamily buildings systems and technologies including high efficiency technologies like cold climate heat pumps
- Exemplary project management skills with the ability to set priorities, develop and execute on a workplan, balance research, analysis, a stakeholder engagement with pragmatism, and an action-bias to deliver activity in the market
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style
- Exceptional organizational, time management and planning skills to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and appetite to learn and assimilate new information and think holistically through complex problems with technical and non-technical components
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with other teams
- Track record for building effective partnerships, facilitating consensus-building among multiple stakeholders
- Top-notch presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely, and unambiguously in speech and writing
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel across New York State
Education and Experience
- Required: A Bachelor’s degree, or 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Preferred: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Public Administration, Business Administration, Energy Management, Energy Policy, etc.
Travel across New York State on an occasional basis, as needed.
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $71,685 - $120,156. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.