Senior Project Manager, Single Family Residential - Albany or New York City Office
New York is leading the nation in the fight on global climate change and the transition to a clean energy-powered economy. The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) [PDF] has created the most aggressive climate change goals in the nation and requires an ambitious agenda that blends proven catalysts with innovative approaches while operating across a broader energy arena that is rapidly evolving. New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a driving force in realizing this agenda. NYSERDA works with stakeholders that span residents, business owners, developers, community leaders, local government officials, universities, utilities, investors, entrepreneurs, and more, to develop, invest, and foster conditions that:
- Attract the private sector capital investment needed to expand New York’s clean energy economy
- Overcome barriers to using clean energy at a large-scale in New York
- Enable New York’s communities and residents to benefit equitably from energy efficiency and renewable energy
NYSERDA seeks an individual who is enthusiastic about clean energy to join our Single-Family Residential team. This interdisciplinary team engages with both private and public market sectors to increase the adoption of energy efficiency and clean energy work within one to four-family buildings across New York State.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. They will need to enjoy interacting with and seeking feedback from stakeholders, have a high attention to detail and an internal drive to set and achieve personal and team goals. The selected candidate will play a key role in setting the strategic vision for NYSERDA’s residential energy audits and leading a statewide transition to use energy audits as a tool to support beneficial electrification using scalable tactics including remote and virtual audit techniques.
- Manage daily operations of a statewide residential energy assessment program, working with an implementation contractor
- Coordination with investor-owned utilities in delivery of energy assessments
- Support transition to electrification audits and alignment of energy assessment protocols across market rate and income qualified programs
- Supporting new strategies for energy auditing and retrofits including remote/virtual and electrification assessments
- Managing a network of participating contractors and recruit new participants
- Ensure NYSERDA's compliance with the residential audit component of Green Jobs - Green NY Act of 2009
- Develop an understanding of specific barriers to scaling clean energy investments in homes and develop creative and thoughtful targeted, high impact strategies to address them
- Presentations to internal and external stakeholders and managing stakeholder feedback
- Contract management
- Writing and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Data analysis and reporting
- Suggest and implement recommendations for improvements to NYSERDA’s strategies and operations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- 8 years of residential energy sector experience working with relevant stakeholders, sector organizations, service providers, and/or customers
- Knowledge of or experience in the construction, renovation or management of building energy and envelope systems
- Solid project management skills and the ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills along with a demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key stakeholder groups
- A self-starter who functions well independently and in teams
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy in all duties
- Demonstrated ability to collect and document project requirements and successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A bachelor’s degree
The salary range is $101,403 - $128,142. Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit one file that includes both your cover letter and resume.