The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Assist the Single Family Residential staff in performing day to day program support tasks including but not limited to analysis of EmPower New York and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program data for program insight and ad hoc reporting needs.
- Survey work for voice of the customer insights and activities related to program enhancements and pilot initiatives.
- Research projects including the standardized packages and customer education pieces.
- Tracking participating contractors’ performance metrics.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, pursuing a degree in business, public administration, political science, environmental science, energy management, engineering, or a related degree.
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and be skilled in database manipulation and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong communication skills and possess a desire to learn.
- Strong work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Internship, Single Family Residential in the subject line.