The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, known as NYSERDA, promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
This is a paid internship for current, matriculated students. Students are allowed to work up to 18.5 hours per week during the semester, and up to 37.5 hours per week in between semesters, when not attending class.
- Market research of commercial building sector to include, but may not be limited to:
- Decision-making process and considerations for commercial buildings (e.g. office, retail, healthcare, etc.)
- Current energy data analytics technologies
- Energy management practices
- Assist Lead Project Managers with:
- Identifying and evaluating potential stakeholders
- Scheduling meetings and discussions with stakeholders
- Assisting in synthesizing the data gathered
- Suggesting strategy improvements based on market feedback
- Evaluating market potential
- Forecasting impact of strategies
- Modeling of market size
- Market segmentation, stakeholders, regulation and needs
- Exploring opportunities to coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies programs
- Communicate with stakeholders including:
- Commercial building owners and managers
- Technology vendors
- Energy service providers and engineering firms
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Current, full-time undergraduate or Masters student, pursuing a degree in sustainability, energy, environmental studies, business, communications.
- Strong skills in Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with external stakeholders.
- Ability to synthesize stakeholder feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Preference will be given to those individuals who also possess the following:
- Understanding of clean energy retrofits and/or energy efficiency especially for commercial buildings.
- Understanding of general commercial real estate practices, financial decision-making, green design, capital and operating budgets, etc. in the commercial sector, including office, retail, education, healthcare, etc.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Internship, Commercial in the subject line.