The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking a leader to accelerate the impactful deployment of digital and information technology solutions that improve the energy performance of distributed energy resources (DER). Examples of promising digital products and solutions include wireless sensors, data analytics, advanced algorithms, energy management as a service, demand response, real time energy monitoring and systems controls, smart equipment, and digitally enabled tools (e.g. audit, modeling, measurement and verification, project development).
The Leader, Digital Solutions’ primary responsibilities will be to:
- Lead a small, high-impact team in NYSERDA’s efforts to implement interventions and strategies that lead to the market’s uptake of digital products and solutions that improve energy performance
- Work with colleagues, partners and customers to identify opportunities for promising and economically viable solutions to proliferate and establish approaches to overcome obstacles that prevent more widespread adoption (e.g. case studies and pilot demonstrations, development of standards, dissemination of critical information, technical assistance, and training)
- Maintain a network of stakeholders, market participants, policy experts, and other sources of insight to inform design and enable ongoing improvement of NYSERDA's strategies and interventions
- Evolve and continuously adapt strategies to optimize impact, cost-effectiveness and efficiency based on market insights, critical program and market data and timely evaluation
- Ensure strategies and interventions are built such that they: achieve intended outcomes; are easy-to-use and responsive to customers and partners; maintain operational flexibility needed to evolve; and minimize administrative cost and unnecessary burdens
- Work effectively with multiple teams across NYSERDA (e.g. Commercial, Multifamily, Single Family Residential, New Construction, NY-Sun) to define opportunities and deploy solutions
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
- Develop colleagues to meet NYSERDA's goals and their own professional goals; serve as a mentor and a role model
- Serve as a thought leader within NYSERDA; stay current with developments in digital technologies
- Build multidisciplinary networks within NYSERDA, and at NY State's Green Bank, Department of Public Service, other agencies, and the Governor's office to advance the State’s success
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include:
- Technical understanding of digital “intelligent energy” technologies and solutions
- Insight into the current and near-term state of technology and of commercial readiness of associated products, across start-up and established companies and the implications for impactful NYSERDA interventions
- Awareness of the use-cases and of value-propositions for the digital energy solutions most promising to property owners and project developers and of implications for impactful NYSERDA interventions
- Knowledge of and insight into the strength and pace of the evolution of standards and protocols and of implications for impactful NYSERDA interventions
- Skill in gaining and using insight from markets actors (e.g. utilities, product companies, property managers, end-customers, regulators, etc.) to formulate strategy, design solutions and evolve solutions
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability; an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions
- A strong team builder with an ability to build productive relationships across a diverse organization
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy and strong judgment
- Puts the team first; a track record and natural predisposition toward investing in the success of colleagues
- Relentless work ethic
- Resolute integrity
- Top-notch presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree is preferred
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include Leader, Digital Solutions & Job Code 332 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.