The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking an experienced marketing professional to take a leadership role, working with program staff, in developing and executing comprehensive and integrated targeted marketing plans.
- Take a leadership role in developing, communicating and implementing integrated strategic marketing plans for residential and other program areas at NYSERDA
- Manage NYSERDA’s assigned marketing firms, as appropriate, to develop program area marketing plans including strategies, messaging and tactical implementation plans to support NYSERDA’s effort to meet its business goals and New York State’s energy-related goals
- Oversee schedule and budget for all assigned marketing programs
- Provide direction to internal creative staff on business strategies, priorities, and work plans
- Evaluate research, market conditions, customer and target market data, and partnership opportunities to develop measurable, cost effective recommendations
- Actively identify and leverage opportunities to Marketing initiatives across sectors
- Apply knowledge of media vehicles including print, broadcast, social media, direct marketing, interactive/online marketing to most effectively reach defined audience
- Serve as the primary liaison between Program Area and Marketing and maintain a thorough understanding of assigned energy sector
- Collaborate with NYSERDA Communications and Events to execute, events publicity and PR elements
- Identify and make content development recommendations to effectively leverage NYSERDA.ny.gov
- Ensure all work is developed to comply with NY State brand guidelines
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related area or
- An unrelated degree and 12 years of experience as described above
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of eight years of experience developing and implementing strategic marketing plans
- Excellent communications skills including business writing ability as well as being skilled in bringing together multiple constituents at various levels to reach consensus
- Demonstrated project management of large and multifaceted projects with the proven ability to present to small groups and larger audiences
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include Marketing Project Manager and Job Code 429 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.