The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking a leader to manage the delivery of services that spur investment in energy efficiency in the existing building stock of the multifamily housing sector in New York. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for delivery of the Multifamily Performance Program, implementing and providing operational support for emerging multifamily programs, and fostering a culture of ongoing improvement and optimization of service delivery.
- Manage a small team and contractors in the implementation, ongoing improvement, and first-rate delivery of programs and services
- Ensure that programs are built and operated such that they: achieve intended outcomes; are easy-to-use and responsive to customers and partners; maintain operational flexibility needed to evolve; and minimize administrative cost and unnecessary burdens
- Drive analyses integral to key operational improvement initiatives that expand impact, enable new programs, improve customer and partner interfaces, reduce cycle times, enable internal workflow, support robust reporting, manage risk, and reduce cost
- Evolve and continuously adapt service delivery to optimize impact, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency based on market insights, critical program and market data, and timely reporting and evaluation
- Effectively execute ongoing project management of previously-initiated rebates and incentives
- Manage financial, staff and contractor resources for efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a thought partner in the evolution of new multifamily programs
- Develop staff and colleagues to meet NYSERDA's goals and their own professional goals; serve as a mentor and role model
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, contractors, service providers, and stakeholders to enable more effective service delivery
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify recommendations for process improvements, overcome constraints, leverage shared services, and resolve difficult operational and technological issues
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a demonstrated record of success in successfully delivering services or solutions within business, non-profit, or government operating environments
- Passion for operational excellence, as well as strong project and process management skills
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy and strong judgment
- Insight and understanding into potential NYSERDA interventions across the multifamily sector
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability; an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions
- Capacity to enable teams and colleagues to achieve their potential, innovate and look at a business in new ways, and provide exceptional service delivery
- Ability to build productive relationships across a diverse organization
- Ability to drive to big picture goals while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds, the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and in writing
- A bachelor’s degree
Candidates will be considered based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please include Senior Project Manager, Multifamily and Job Code 424 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.