The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and experienced individual as a Project Manager on the single family residential team. The Project Manager will have an integral role in managing the team’s data systems and performance management activities. Activities being undertaken to scale the residential energy efficiency market depend on accessibility to quality data for market actors, good monitoring of market response to pilots and a better understanding of the opportunities.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will be to
- Oversee the design, development and maintenance of data systems and partner resources needed to support program operations and new initiatives
- Establish and implement effective data quality controls and performance tracking systems
- Use market data, research and analysis to identify needs and opportunities to scale the implementation of residential energy efficiency in New York
- Work with the Team Leader and other NYSERDA staff to design, analyze and assess the success of initiatives and pilots and make adjustments as needed
- Packaging and presenting data analytics in a meaningful manner for market participants that support sales, implementation and uptake of measures that lead to greater residential energy efficiency
- Effectively communicate status, collaborate and problem solve with management and other relevant stakeholders
- Work with data governance, evaluation, information technology, and other teams within the Authority to ensure readily available, quality data for use in reporting
- Contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental science, business administration, economics, analytics, or other relevant discipline plus 1 year of relevant experience
- An unrelated bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience
- 7 years of directly related demonstrated experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Experience in areas of data management, analysis and reporting/presentation of data, including proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated experience in the residential energy efficiency market
- Experience articulating functional requirements for systems development
- Attention to detail, including data quality and accuracy
- Skill in managing multiple diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy and strong judgment
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams
- Strong analytical skills; ability to effectively evaluate information and data to make decisions
- Strong work ethic and resolute integrity
- Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include Project Manager, Single Family Residential and Job Code 392 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.