The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a strategic, self-motivated individual with proven success in mission execution to join its NY-Sun team. NY-Sun is New York State’s $1 billion initiative to build a self-sustaining solar industry and deploy 3GW of solar power in New York by 2023. The successful candidate will help the NY-Sun initiative to reach its goals by overseeing the Commercial Industrial Megawatt Block Incentive Program (C&I MWB). The Senior Project Manager will also work with senior management to analyze, develop and implement the program on an ongoing basis.
- Foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
- Work effectively with multiple NYSERDA teams and sister agencies to define opportunities and deploy solutions to tackle solar energy market barriers that are prohibiting greater solar energy uptake
- Assure operational effectiveness and internal compliance, and drive down the cost of solar by actively working to minimize industry barriers
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with the program’s participating contractors and address their questions and/or concerns
- Proactively anticipate and address the technical and regulatory challenges associated with solar energy in New York State
- Effectively communicate status of work activity, collaborate and problem solve with management and other relevant stakeholders
- Identify potential program risks and develop mitigation and contingency strategies
- Assist with reviews of program performance and evaluations
- Manage the program application workflow process and ensure applications are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain program operational guidelines and procedures manual on ongoing basis
- Track milestones and monitor the progress of individual projects and the program portfolio by proactively identifying and addressing projects that are behind schedule or at risk for non-completion
- Manage C/I MWB budget, develop regular reports and projections of funding commitments and expenditures
- Work with the Communications team to verify outgoing communication inclusive of press releases and inter-governmental agencies
- Generate and verify required NY-Sun reporting on a timely basis
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of directly related energy and/or industrial sector experience
- Strong management skills with the ability to set priorities, collect and document requirements, successfully manage multiple competing priorities to meet deadlines and budget in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience with or knowledge of the following: New York State energy policy, solar programs and incentives, policy research and writing, PV installation processes and financials
- Strong analytical skills; ability to effectively evaluate information and data to make decisions
- Must possess time management, leadership and demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams
- Must possess good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, with proven ability to set goals and complete multiple tasks with speed and accuracy
- Proficient in establishing job and work process flow
Individuals will be considered for Senior Project Manager. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please type the Position’s Title & Job Code 391 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.