The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, independent and self-motivated individual to join its Codes & New Construction team. The ideal candidate will have experience with new construction and major renovation projects and with developing high-impact strategies that broadly influence the market to integrate high-performance design and construction systems and practices, inclusive of passive house and zero energy, into their projects.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will include assisting, conducting or leading some or all of the following activities as appropriate to the position and the individual’s experience:
- Develop and manage key stakeholders and partner relationships (including private sector, non-profit, public, and utility) in New York City and Westchester relevant to new construction and major renovation market activity
- Work with stakeholders and partners to scale up investment in very-low carbon, high-performance new buildings and major renovations, inclusive of passive house and zero net energy
- Develop an understanding of New York City specific barriers to scaling up very-low carbon, high- performance buildings and develop targeted high-impact strategies to address them
- Work closely with the NYSERDA Codes and New Construction Team in Albany
- Evolve and continuously adapt strategies to optimize impact and effectiveness based on results, market data and insights, evaluation, expertise, and critical thinking
- Manage contractors and projects
- Participate in and collaborate with multi-functional NYSERDA teams to develop and direct new efforts
- Present information at professional meetings, conferences and workshops
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 years of relevant experience as described below
- Strong understanding of and experience with the new construction market, especially related to the commercial and multifamily sectors
- Energy-related technical knowledge of commercial and multifamily new construction
- Strong project management skills and the ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds and a demonstrated ability to develop relations with key stakeholder groups
- Must be a self-starter and function well independently and in teams
Preference will be given to candidates who possess knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Architectural or Engineering Licensure in New York
- Passive House or Zero Energy project development, design and construction
- Capital planning and procurement strategies for new construction
- Supervision of technical and professional staff with increasing levels of responsibility
- Market Development
Candidates will be considered for Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please type the Position’s Title & Job Code 390 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.