The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) seeks a creative, self-motivated and knowledgeable individual with strong analytical skills as well as developed communications and interpersonal skills to join the Modeling and Analytics team within Energy and Environmental Analysis.
Energy and Environmental Analysis assists New York State energy policy decision-makers by identifying and evaluating policy alternatives for addressing vital public needs; quantitatively assessing the impact of energy, environmental, and economic policies and programs on the State’s citizens, businesses and environment; and helping foster informed energy planning, through forecasting energy demand and prices, and through the quantitative analysis of energy issues and policies.
- Develop and perform modeling, forecasting, and quantitative analyses to assess impacts of existing and potential energy and environmental policies on supply, demand, energy prices and markets, emissions, and the macro-level State economy
- Develop methodologies and perform quantitative analyses of emerging energy and environmental issues, including development and implementation of new technologies
- Conduct benefit-cost and macroeconomic analysis of activities related to production, delivery, and use of energy, including analyses of impacts across all market participants
- Manage external contractor teams engaged in analysis on behalf of NYSERDA as well as participate in and lead teams from NYSERDA and other State agencies to advance projects
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- 3 years of experience managing and conducting energy systems analysis
- Top-notch presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and in writing
- Advanced computer skills to complete analytical functions
- Relentless work ethic and resolute integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, science, engineering, public policy, public or business administration, or a related field of analytical study
- Master’s degree in one of the above is highly valued
Applicants should be able to demonstrate having some or all of the following skills enhanced by a willingness to learn about new issues and analytical tools:
- Understanding of economic theory and present value methodologies
- Understanding of energy markets, including electricity and fossil fuel markets, and economic issues related to energy and environmental policy
- Technical expertise in quantitative analysis of energy issues, efficiency programs and environmental policies; knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy program strategies is preferred
- Experience with electricity system simulation models such as the Integrated Planning Model (IPM) and macroeconomic models such as Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) is beneficial
- Experience working in a team environment both as a team leader and active team member
- Experience managing complex analytical projects which engage in-house experts and staff, external consultant teams, and external industry experts and stakeholders.
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager through Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include Project Manager, Modeling & Analytics and Job Code 380 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.