NYSERDA seeks an independent, dynamic and creative individual to act as program lead in the establishment of a portfolio of research and product development activities centered on innovative smart building technologies to: improve the performance and dynamics of buildings in New York State; facilitate the integration of renewable energy sources, provide resiliency and enable building-to-grid interactions. Program activities include technology advancement culminating in successful product commercialization; demonstration and qualification of newly emerged products; and development of strategies and business models that improve and accelerate the energy, environmental and operational performance of buildings. This position will be responsible for approximately a $15 million portfolio involving 15-25 research projects and will require 5 to 15% travel.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to
- Develop a mechanism to effectively solicit activity in the defined strategic priority
- Evaluate project proposal submissions against established criteria and goals
- Develop and negotiate statements of work regarding project tasks, schedule, budget, and deliverables
- Effectively manage projects against established risks, deliverables, schedule, and budget to insure maximum likelihood of success and prudent use of NYSERDA financial resources
- Provide value added contributions to each project managed from a technical, business and regulatory perspective
- Quantify and document the program activities against established goals
- Maintain a level of expertise in the subject matter area of responsibility, and provide, as needed, support to other NYSERDA programs
- Actively engage with other innovation and market development staff having synergy with the program area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Assess and capitalize on new innovation opportunities
- Represent NYSERDA in collaborative efforts with private and public organizations and institutions
- Initiate and support the transfer of innovation to NYSERDA’s Market Development programs
- Identifying opportunities to improve program effectiveness and impact
- Perform other responsibilities as need
Required minimum qualifications an individual must possess include
- 1 year of building sector experience
- Understanding of building sector issues and experience in developing solutions for this market
- Knowledge of and insight into the building market and technologies, performance characteristics of various technologies; an understanding of their economics and impediments
- Strong project management skills and the ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to present clear and actionable information persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and in writing
- Ability to foster and contribute to a culture of excellence grounded in people, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to be a self-starter and function well independently and in teams
- Must be able to work effectively with a range of groups including businesses, universities, state and federal agencies, the financial/investment community, utilities, national laboratories, and public interest groups
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering, physics, building science or a related field of study or
- An unrelated bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience
Preference will be given to those individuals who possess
- An advanced degree and experience in areas such as:automation, building /device communication networks and protocols, sensors and controls, demand response, and smart building technology
Candidates will be considered for Project Manager through Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please include Project Manager, Buildings Innovation & Job Code 358 in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.