NYSERDA’s FlexTech Program offers a wide range of flexible, cost-shared technical services to help businesses operating in New York State make informed energy decisions. A dedicated team of engineers, technology experts, and energy consultants works with the customers to create a customized assessment that identifies specific opportunities for reducing energy consumption and costs. Eligible study areas are:
- Cost-shared studies of energy efficiency technical analyses, process improvement analyses, energy master plans, and demand response opportunities of existing facilities for eligible customers
- Cost-shared on-site combined heat and power (CHP) feasibility studies for eligible customers
Nonresidential customers with an average electric demand of 100 kW or less may be eligible for an energy assessment through the Small Commercial Energy Efficiency Program.
Apply to FlexTech through the Consolidated Funding Application.
Choosing a Consultant
Customers may work with a NYSERDA FlexTech Consultant or an independent service provider.
NYSERDA FlexTech Consultants are firms under NYSERDA contract to provide statewide geographic distribution of the eligible project categories. Firms must apply to NYSERDA using examples of energy efficiency expertise. Learn more about the process for using FlexTech Consultants
Becoming a FlexTech Consultant
Firms are contracted on a continuous basis to conduct energy studies and help customers prioritize opportunities for energy savings. Learn about applying to become a FlexTech Consultant. When ready to apply, complete the Online Application and you will be contacted by NYSERDA within two days.
How To Apply
Who Can Participate
Nonresidential facilities in New York State that pay into the SBC including:
- Health care
- Industrial and commercial
- Not-for-profit and private institutions, public and private K-12 schools colleges and universities
- State and local governments
Who To Contact