NYSERDA seeks projects in the following categories for Focused Demonstration opportunities:
- Technologies or approaches that enable both kilowatt and kilowatt-hour savings by integrating automation, scheduling, and/or controls with load management (encompassing demand response, demand management, and/or energy storage). Examples include:
- Advanced Web-enabled programmable thermostats
- Load-shedding lighting ballasts
- Internet-based monitoring control for refrigeration systems
- Building or energy system-focused technologies or approaches that offer energy data analytics and performance information.
- Remote energy audits
- Advanced energy information systems, for instance, building energy performance analytics software with dashboards
- Deep energy savings approaches that result in a significant decrease in energy use intensity.
Note that the provision of independent performance data at time of application submission is not required for projects in this Targeted Category.
- Heating, cooling, ventilation and domestic hot water systems and/or approaches which:
- introduce, integrate or upgrade controls, leading to kWh and/or MMBtu savings;
- reduce the kBtu/sq. ft. of an existing building by a minimum of 5%.
- Steam and hot water radiator controls
- Domestic hot water circulation controls
Review PON 2689 for full details.