A Joint NYSERDA and Con Edison Partnership
NYSERDA and Con Edison know the innovative ways to optimize energy usage. Together, they provide faster, easier access to the best energy solutions for businesses all in one place and with one application. The Demand Management Program provides increased amounts of funding (while available) as well as technical support for energy improvements that accelerate and expand implementation of high-performing energy measures and reduce system-coincident peak demand. The program can help businesses in New York City and Westchester County implement energy improvements that will help manage costs and improve operational performance.
Access Millions in Incentives for Demand Reduction
Building owners and building managers who are Con Edison electric customers, and third-party developers acting on their behalf, are eligible for enhanced incentives for energy efficiency and demand management projects that are completed prior to June 1, 2016. Download an Application here [PDF].
In addition to the current NYSERDA and Con Edison program offerings, increased incentive rates will be offered to eligible Con Edison electric customers for energy improvements that provide system-coincident peak demand reduction during the summer months. Projects that reduce load by 500 kW or more can also earn an additional bonus incentive of up to 15%. All bonus funds are first installed, first paid. Project types eligible for the enhanced incentives include:
|Demand Response Enablement
||$0.16/kWh + $1,250/kW
||$0.16/kWh + $800/kW
|Fuel Switching: Non-Electric AC*
||Steam AC $ available in select locations
||$500-1,000/kW depending on equipment
*Incentives will be offered for installing steam or natural gas AC rather than electric AC.
Eligibility and Incentive Requirements
- Only Con Edison customers are eligible for the Demand Management Program.
- Projects must be installed and operational by June 1, 2016.
- Projects or portfolios must have a combined peak demand reduction of 50 kW or greater. Peak Demand Reduction (kW) is defined as the system-coincident peak demand reduction that occurs during the summer capability period, between the hours of 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, from June 1 through September 30, excluding legal holidays.
- Incentives are capped at 50% of installed project cost. Bonus incentives are available for large projects more than 500 kW.
- Baseline conditions must be verified by a pre-installation inspection and technical review, prior to removal or installation of equipment encompassed in the project.
- Please see the Technical Data Requirements for the Demand Management Incentive for a summary of information that should be submitted in the application package. Download the Technical Data Requirements here [PDF].
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in our joint program. Please contact us with any questions.
Email completed applications and required documentation to Outreach@nyserda.ny.gov
or send to:
Demand Management Program
17 Columbia Circle
Albany NY 12203
CHP Acceleration Program
NYSERDA also will provide financial incentives for the installation of pre-qualified, pre-engineered Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems by approved CHP system vendors at customer sites that are located within New York City or Westchester County. Each pre-qualified CHP system (in the size range 50kW – 1.3MW) is assigned a specific incentive, with a maximum incentive of $1.5 million. For more information, visit the Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Acceleration Program page.