Several economy-wide greenhouse gas cap-and-trade bills were introduced in the 110th Congress in 2007 and 2008.
- America's Climate Security Act of 2008 - S. 3036 as amended by Senator Boxer (D-CA), sponsored by Lieberman (I-CT) and Warner (R-VA)
- Carbon Economy Act of 2007 - S.1766 Sponsored by Bingaman (D-NM)
- Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act of 2007 - S. 309 Sponsored by Sanders (I-VT)
- Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act of 2007 - S. 280 Sponsored by Lieberman (I-CT)
- Climate MATTERS Act of 2008 - H.R.6316 Sponsored by Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX)
- Investing in Climate Action and Protection Act - H.R. 6186 Sponsored by Rep. Markey (D-MA)