When compared to a conventionally built home, it’s easy to see why more of today’s homeowners choose a New York ENERGY STAR Certified Home. Constructed with energy-saving features and high-quality building methods, these homes can help reduce energy use. So what could that mean for you? Lower energy bills and a greater overall value that will help you continue to save year after year.
Take a closer look at the energy-saving features inside a New York ENERGY STAR Certified Home. Watch the video now.
- Premium Ventilation Systems -High-quality ventilation systems provide a continuous supply of fresh air through your home. This helps to eliminate common household contaminants and dust particles. The result: fewer colds and allergy symptoms and a healthier indoor environment for your family.
- High-Quality Air Sealing - New York ENERGY STAR Certified Homes keep more heating and cooling in your house and more energy savings in your pocket. That’s because we ensure air sealing exceeds local codes in all the right places, from joints and attic spaces to ductwork, plumbing, electrical outlets, recessed lighting and other areas.
- Optimal Insulation -The higher your insulation R-value, the greater the insulating effect. And that’s key to ensuring energy savings. New York ENERGY STAR Certified Homes are built with highly rated insulation in the walls, floors and attics to reduce energy loss and outside noise.
- Energy-Efficient Windows - Enjoy a home built to take on frigid winters and hot summers with ENERGY STAR windows rated for northern climates. With low-E coatings, gas fills and frames constructed to reduce condensation, you’ll minimize winter heat loss and summer heat gain, while still taking advantage of natural light.
- Energy-Efficient Appliances and Lighting - Each new home is equipped with ENERGY STAR-qualified furnaces, water heaters and lighting fixtures. By choosing ENERGY STAR-qualified appliances such as refrigerators, washers, dryers and dishwashers, as well as low-wattage light bulbs, you can further optimize your energy efficiency.