Many homes have multiple televisions, home audio systems and DVD players. If you have cable or satellite television, you will also have a set-top box that receives signals from your provider so they can be displayed on your TV. The energy consumed by all these devices adds up quickly. However, with ENERGY STAR® certified models, you can save quite a bit.
- ENERGY STAR certified TVs use about 25% less energy than standard units
- ENERGY STAR certified Light Emitting Diode (LED) flat panel TVs use significantly less energy than standard units
- Consider award-winning televisions to save even more energy
- ENERGY STAR certified set-top boxes [PDF] are at least 40% more efficient than conventional models. Just two standard set-top boxes, such as a cable box or satellite receiver, uses as much energy as a standard refrigerator.
- Using an advanced power strip to centralize and manage your home entertainment devices will save you even more
Ready to purchase an electronic device for your home? Find a retailer near you that sells ENERGY STAR certified products.
Boost your energy savings with these energy-saving tips.