NYSERDA provides financial incentives for qualified homeowners who install a PV system through a participating contractor. A properly sized and installed system can provide a significant percentage of your electric needs. In addition to the existing program incentives, NYSERDA now offers two low-interest rate financing options for residential buildings with four or fewer dwelling units.
For those that want to take advantage of low interest financing, the Solar PV Incentive Program offers two options through Green Jobs – Green NY.* Both loan options offer up to $13,000 per applicant, up to $25,000 if the project meets higher cost-effectiveness standards, and repayment periods of 5, 10, or 15 years.
Option 1: On-Bill Recovery Loans provide homeowners the convenience of paying for energy improvements on their utility bill.
- The current interest rate* is 3.49%
- Payments will be included in monthly charges from your utility
- Your annual loan payment is calculated to not exceed the anticipated amount of money you save on energy costs
- When you sell your home you will have the option to transfer the unpaid balance of loan to the new owners
- Requires an On-Bill Recovery Program Declaration. The Declaration is not a lien on the property, but is recorded in a similar way as a Mortgage to provide notice to others of the obligations under the loan transaction.
- Learn more about the On-Bill Recovery Loans.
Option 2: Smart Energy loans offer affordable interest rates, flexible terms and simple repayment options.
- The current interest rate* is 3.99% or 3.49% if you pay via automatic bank withdrawals
Repaid monthly directly to NYSERDA’s loan servicer
For full eligibility requirements and instructions on how to apply for either loan, visit Energy Finance Solutions or call 1-800-361-5663