For Systems Up To 200 kW
The NY-Sun Solar PV Incentive Program offers incentives to help reduce the installation costs associated with PV or solar electric systems of up to 25 kilowatt (kW) for residential customers and up to 200 kW for commercial customers (non-residential applications such as larger multi-unit buildings, schools, non-for-profit, governmental) in most of New York State.
A 7 kW PV system located on a south-facing roof can typically offset 70-80% of a home’s electricity needs. When combined with improving energy efficiency, the savings on your electric bill can be even more significant.
For large solar PV systems (greater than 200kW), see the NY-Sun Solar Competitive PV Program.
About PV Systems
PV systems convert solar radiation (sunlight) into electricity, which is why they are also often referred to as "Solar-Electric systems". PV systems have many advantages: they use a "free" power source (the sun) and have little impact on our environment, as no greenhouse gases are created in the generation of the electricity. PV systems can be installed on either a roof or on the ground using a ground mount system.
- In contrast with electricity generated by fossil fuels, PV-generated electricity creates no noise, air or water pollution
- Provides long-term stabilization of electrical costs
- When combined with a battery backup system, a PV unit can provide you with power when utility power is out
- NYSERDA provides incentives that can reduce the customer’s out of pocket cost.
- Additional federal and state tax credits may apply*
* System owners may qualify for up to 30% federal tax credits. Always consult with your qualified tax professional or accountant to determine your eligibility for tax credits.
Solar (PV) Clean Power Cost Estimator
Generate a customized estimate of the costs and savings of installing a PV System using an eligible contractor under NYSERDA's Solar PV Incentive Program.
Get a Cost Estimate Now >