For Systems Greater Than 200kW
The New York Sun Competitive PV Program is part of the New York State RPS Customer-Sited Tier Program. NYSERDA invites proposals for the installation of customer-sited PV projects in New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) load zones A through J. All systems must be greater than 200 kW.
Complete proposals that demonstrate project viability and capability will be competitively selected based on their incentive bid in dollars per kilowatt hour ($/kWh). All Projects must be installed within eight (8) months of the award date.
For small solar PV systems (less than 200kW), see the NY-Sun Solar PV Incentive Program.
About PV Systems
PV systems convert solar radiation (sunlight) into electricity, which is why they are also often referred to as "Solar-Electric systems". PV systems have many advantages: they use a "free" power source (the sun) and have little impact on our environment, as no greenhouse gases are created in the generation of the electricity. PV systems can be installed on either a roof or on the ground using a ground mount system.
- In contrast with electricity generated by fossil fuels, PV-generated electricity creates no noise, air or water pollution
- Provides long-term stabilization of electrical costs
- When combined with a battery backup system, a PV unit can provide you with power when utility power is out
- NYSERDA provides incentives that can reduce the customer’s out of pocket cost.
- Additional federal and state tax credits may apply*
* System owners may qualify for up to 30% federal tax credits. Always consult with your qualified tax professional or accountant to determine your eligibility for tax credits.