Multifamily Performance Program for Existing Buildings
Select a Partner
Each project must hire an approved Multifamily Performance Partner to participate in the program. Your Partner will be an unbiased voice throughout the process, serving as advocate, expert and guide from application to project completion. Use our Select a Partner Tool to select your region and answer a short list of questions about your project, and we will provide a list of Multifamily Performance Partners qualified to work with you.
- Approach the selection of a Partner the same way you would select any reputable tradesperson. Read a comprehensive list of what you should expect from your Partner. At the least, consider the following:
- Has the Partner worked on projects similar to yours?
- Ask the Partner for case studies and references. Call former clients and ask about the Partner’s responsiveness, sense of responsibility, quality of work, fairness, etc.
- Ask the potential Partner to explain how they will work with you to meet the requirements of the Multifamily Performance Program.
- Request bids from Partners, being sure to specify that they include the minimum services required by the Multifamily Performance Program. Bids from multiple Partners will help you make an informed choice.
Collect the Necessary Information
With your selected Partner’s assistance, collect information for the following program documents:
Submit Your Documentation
Your selected Partner will submit your paperwork to NYSERDA on your behalf. Your application and participation agreement will be reviewed. If everything is approved, you will be notified about the next steps for your project.
Call us at 1-866-NYSERDA.