Building Community Support for Energy Projects
What EDGE Offers
The Economic Development Growth Extension Program offers local, regionally-based access to the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) energy efficiency, renewable energy and research and development (R&D) programs.
NYSERDA works with 26 Regional Outreach Contractors (ROCs) strategically located throughout New York State’s 10 regions to extend NYSERDA’s program outreach to commercial, institutional, municipal, industrial and residential customers.
Regional Outreach Contractors Can Help Your Region By:
- Matching energy project needs with the available NYSERDA funding opportunities and other economic development resources.
- Creating partnerships to encourage the development and implementation of local energy projects that spur investment and job growth.
- Supporting the efforts of the Regional Economic Development Councils (REDCs); providing information and assistance to identified priority projects.
- Helping organizations and businesses build opportunities and create jobs by providing access to NYSERDA programs that encourage sustainability and resiliency.
- Assisting with the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA).
- Educating business owners, community leaders, homeowners and the public on the benefits of energy efficiency and renewable technologies.
- Providing assistance to energy-related businesses and entrepreneurs through initiatives that increase awareness of local and NYSERDA business assistance services available to early-stage, clean-energy businesses.
Regional Outreach Contractors