These incentives are offered for cost-effective energy efficiency projects to an Applicant that delivers verifiable annual electric energy savings. Incentives are also provided for peak demand reductions associated with energy or thermal (ice) storage systems and high capacity, high efficiency electric chillers.
|Super Efficient Chiller Bonus
||$1,400/kW - Full Load - or - $1,000/kW - NPLV
||$1,400/kW - Full Load - or - $1,000/kW - NPLV
Increased incentive rates will be offered to eligible Con Edison electric customers for energy improvements that provide system-coincident peak demand reduction during the summer months. Please see our Demand Management Program for more details.
While incentives are based upon the amount of electrical energy saved in one year, the total incentive cannot exceed the lesser of $2,000,000 or 50% of the project cost. Project cost may include equipment, labor, and engineering expenses.
Minimum Project Size
Unless otherwise approved by NYSERDA, Performance-Based projects must qualify for an incentive of at least $30,000. Smaller projects should consider Pre-Qualified incentives.
Visit the general EFP eligibility page for an overview. In addition, all equipment covered by ENERGY STAR® must meet the ENERGY STAR minimum efficiencies. All other equipment must meet the following criteria:
- All lighting projects require the Existing Facilities Program Lighting Form.
- All four-foot T8 fixtures must be high performance, or low wattage, as defined by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE).
- Installation of T12 lighting technology is ineligible for funding.
- Only hardwired and pin-based CFLs are eligible. Screw-in compact fluorescent lighting with any type of adapter is ineligible for funding. Any adapter (i.e. locking devices/discs/pin-based converters/etc…) that secures screw-in compact fluorescent lighting does NOT make screw-in CFLs eligible for incentives.
- Re-lamping projects are ineligible for funding. Re-lamping is defined as the replacement of only the removable lamp(s) in a light fixture.
- De-lamping / lamp removal may contribute to no greater than 20% of the total energy savings.
- Applicants implementing Solid State Lighting (SSL) projects should review the most recent EFP SSL (LED) policy [PDF] for eligibility.
All motors must qualify as National Electric Manufacturers Association (NEMA) Premium Efficiency Motors.
All HVAC equipment must exceed ASHRAE 90.1 2007 by at least 2% or the Pre-Qualified program's standards as listed on the HVAC Incentive Worksheet, whichever is more stringent. Please see the Super-Efficient Chiller Bonus section below for more information.
Applicants considering projects other than lighting, HVAC, motors, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), or Energy Management Systems (EMS) should contact NYSERDA to discuss eligibility.
Ineligible projects include Power Quality, Power Factor improvements, and fuel switching.
Measurement and Verification (M&V)
All lighting projects saving more than 1,000,000 kWh annually and all other projects saving more than 500,000 kWh annually must perform Measurement and Verification (M&V) for a period up to one year. The Applicant must create an M&V Plan in collaboration with NYSERDA’s Technical Consultant. Projects requiring M&V will be subject to a 40% withholding of the total incentive, which is payable after NYSERDA receives and approves the final M&V report. At NYSERDA’s discretion, M&V may be required for projects with less than 500,000 kWh in annual savings. Final incentive levels may be adjusted based on the M&V results. Projects failing to perform to M&V savings estimates may be required to reimburse NYSERDA for any overpayment.
Super-Efficient Electric Chiller Bonus
Water-cooled electric chillers greater than or equal to 300 tons are eligible for a bonus if the proposed efficiencies exceed the associated ASHRAE 90.1 2007 centrifugal chiller full load standard (Path A) by at least 3% or Integrated Part Load Value (IPLV – Path B) by at least 12.5%. Bonus incentive calculations are based on nameplate efficiencies. New super-efficient chillers that are installed to accommodate load growth are eligible for this bonus. Chillers not covered by ASHRAE 90.1 2007 (addendum bt) and backup chillers are ineligible for this bonus incentive.
Only one of the following may be added to the base incentive:
- Full Load Based Bonus (Path A) - $1,400/kW, using full load efficiency, for savings incremental to ASHRAE 90.1 2007 centrifugal chiller standards (Path A).
- NPLV Based Bonus (Path B) - $1,000/kW, using IPLV (or NPLV) efficiency, for savings incremental to ASHRAE 90.1 2007 centrifugal chiller standards (Path B).
For more information, refer to the Technical Guidance Document for Chillers [PDF] and the Super Efficient Electric Chiller Bonus Estimator [XLSX].